SimulationX Statechart Designer
Today physical systems more and more require complex controls. Therefor the use of state diagrams according to the UML standard is an efficient tool.
The Statechart Designer can be used to model and simulate complex time-discrete and state-discrete control systems inside SimulationX comfortably. It supports reliable modeling of physical effects or technical sub-systems with discrete states. In the first place these are complex sequence control systems, that can be implemented e.g. in a PLC. However it is also possible to model physical effects with time-discrete states such as friction, hysteresis, valves, and switches.
Based on a large subset of UML, statechart models can be designed in a comfortable graphical editor. The Statechart Designer is consistently integrated in the workflow of SimulationX, which means:
- It is embedded in the SimulationX as a special kind of behavior description
- The statechart compiler automatically generates pure Modelica code, thus allowing to insert the statechart in the entire application model
- States and transitions can be visualized dynamically during runtime
- Supports Two-Pass Design Rule Check
- The import and export of statechart models is possible
By using the UML standard as well as import and export functions the training period is low and usability of the resulting state diagram easily possible. Hence the SimulationX Statechart Designer is not only a simulation tool but also a development tool.